These healthy oatmeal banana pancakes are flourless, tasty, and perfect for a healthy Sunday breakfast. Although even if you’re in a hurry getting ready for a busy day during the week, you can make these easy banana pancakes – they’re ready in about 10 minutes. To speed things up, even more, make the batter in the evening before and simply cook the pancakes in the morning for a quick 5-minute breakfast.
HEALTHY OATMEAL BANANA PANCAKES
One reason I’m sure you’ll love these healthy pancakes is that you can use up old bananas to make something new, healthy, and delicious. Everybody has old bananas at home, I’m pretty sure of that. You can either freeze them, turn them into banana bread or make some banana pancakes.
Oats and bananas go so well together, not just in oatmeal or cookies, when you blend them together in your food processor you’ll get the most delicious banana pancake batter in the world.
HOW TO MAKE HEALTHY OATMEAL BANANA PANCAKES
- Prepare the batter by blending all the ingredients in a blender, food processor or a hand blender and a bowl.
- Preheat a non-stick skillet and pour the batter forming small, palm-sized pancakes
- Cook at low heat and flip once bubbles come up and the edges are done (use a large spatula to prevent breaking the pancakes)
- Cook until golden brown on both sides and serve immediately with your favorite toppings
- You can make these pancakes even better by adding a tsp of cinnamon or some vanilla
- Cook the pancakes at low/medium heat to prevent them from burning, they cook pretty fast!
- Flip carefully – make sure all the edges are done before flipping, use a bigger spatula
- You can make the batter ahead – prepare it the night before to make the pancakes even quicker!
- These pancakes can also be taken on the go – pack in a lunch box with some fruit and your favorite toppings and enjoy!
These pancakes are delicious on their own with a little bit of butter but can be served with fresh fruit like berries, honey, maple syrup, peanut or almond butter. Or any other topping you like!